Hugs to all my family, friends, and couples who have made 2013 the best year yet!
My favorite things to do when there’s snow on the ground? Sip hot chocolate, hum Christmas carols, and new to my list… take photos of John + Heidi!! :-)
I had an exceptionally fun time photographing these two because their love is so fun and goofy and real! I mean seriously, what fun are snuggles without inside jokes whispered in your ear? Or walking down Main Street, Rapid City, holding hands with your fiancé and not imitating all the presidential statues? What is love without laughter? And “what is life, without love?” (hugs to all my “Friends” fans out there)
I’m sure every girl dreams about the day she’ll get engaged – wondering how the love of her life is going to ask and what the ring will look like. But what happens when you get a ring *and* a puppy? I think that means you win at life. :-) Internet, meet Magnus. He likes to take long walks, play with sticks, and give kisses. Isn’t he dreamy?? :-)
Ahh, December. The month of hot cocoa, cozy blankets, and CHRISTMAS!! Since my last edition of laura loves, I have celebrated my birthday twice, Thanksgiving and an early Christmas – so guess what my favorite things were… cupcakes and nephews! :-)
1. This year I celebrated my golden birthday! I always get excited when I see 11:27 on the clock. So much so, that I made my husband take a picture of me *being 27* at *11:27* on *November 27* – really, it’s the little things in life that make me happy. That and free birthday coffees from Caribou & Starbucks. :-)
2. My family spent Thanksgiving weekend at my parents’ home to celebrate our annual ThanksgivingChristmas, and boy oh boy are my nephews growing up so fast!!
3. My younger nephew, Isaac, spent a good fifteen minutes pretending to be a kitten, sitting on my lap, and communicating only in meows. I didn’t mind one bit. Soon, Jonas came to ‘feed’ him some ‘kitty food’ and we all snuggled on the couch for a ‘cat nap.’ That right there, spending time snuggling and meowing, was more precious to me than any Christmas present. :-)
4. We had our first guests over for dinner!! I cooked and made cupcakes and put together a little golden birthday party dessert table. (Hey, I’m a wedding photographer, dessert *has* to be pretty!) It was so much fun to have friends over and stay up late playing dominoes. This might have to become another yearly tradition – you know, since I don’t have a company Christmas party… :-)
Hellooooo, November!!!!! This month, I am *so* thankful for my family and job that allows me to have a little bit of free time. A couple weeks ago, I went on a road trip to visit some of my favorite people in the whole wide world. Convenient, though, that they all live in the Dakotas… :-)
1. Coffea with my BFF, Jill!! Okay, so I was *really* excited about my Charlie Brown latte art and catching up with Jill, that I forgot to take a picture of the both of us. Next time, friend, I promise. :-)
2. Isaac – my younger nephew is a fan of hula hooping. It’s so much fun to watch him try over and over again until he gets a good spin (which he frequently does).
3. Jonas – my older nephew would be happy to read and play video games all day long.
4. My mom – I spent most of my road trip vacation with her, and here she is showing off a recent quilt she made.We spent hours upon hours visiting (until her Masterpiece Theater show was on and I had to be quiet), we baked numerous cupcakes, we shopped for fabric + antiques, we spent 10 hours together in a car and created stories that ‘you just had to be there’ for them to come across as funny on the internet.
Also, not pictured in my fun-filled road trip vacation were my husband, his parents + sister, my brother (who was totally surprised by our arrival for his birthday) and sister-in-law, my cousin and his wife and their little lentil (due April 2014) in Bismarck, and my aunt and uncle from Dickinson!
Fall finally showed it’s colors *just* in time for Pete + Angi’s wedding!!! It was a gorgeous day full of sunshine, smiles, and happy tears. But first things first… let me introduce you to my new friend, Jimmy Choo. :-)
I know it isn’t the easiest way to get into a wedding dress, but I think ‘up and over’ is my favorite to photograph. ;-)
This, my friends, is why I LOVE first looks – pure, happy, candid moments.
Angi also had a first look with her father and it was *so* sweet. I may have gotten the back of my camera a little bit teary…
While it’s my goal to get to know my couples during their engagement session (as well as take some pretty pictures), I love it when their ceremonies include personal stories that help everyone get to know them better as a couple – and cause a few giggles. :-)
Pete + Angi – Thank you so much for choosing me to be your wedding photographer! I truly enjoyed getting to know you and spending your wedding day with you. You are both such wonderfully fun people and I wish you all the happiness in the world! :-)